Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review - The Story of the Bible by Larry Stone

It would be safe to say that I love the Bible. To be able to read God’s very word is an honor and a privilege. Because of that I am intrigued by how we received the Bible, its structure and authors, and how it has lasted through these centuries. I have read much on these and look for any other resources that encourage me in the truth that the Bible we have today is the very book God wants us to have.

In Larry Stone’s book The Story of the Bible we can learn of those things. He gives us in fascinating detail the beginnings of the Bible and how it has been preserved to present times. On every page there are photos of paintings, sculptures and of ancient copies of the books of the Bible. Inserted throughout are removable life-size reproductions with explanations from those ancient copies. Most books like these are scholarly, technical and at times inaccessible to most people. Even though this book is like those Stone writes in a way most will understand.

This is a book that I will cherish. I will turn to it often to assist in teaching God’s Word and defending it from attacks. I couldn’t recommend this book enough.

You can currently purchase it at Christianbook, Amazon or from Thomas Nelson.

Disclaimer - I received this resource free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their Book Sneeze book review blogger program. All that was required of me is that I review it, positively or negatively, on my site.